chia seed pudding
grab & go breakfast idea
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day… then why is it that you are reaching for the carbohydrate filled, high sugar options? No more biting into that jelly filled doughnut or sugar filled bowl of cereal! Let me teach you a quick and easy way to enjoy a fulfilling and nutritious breakfast.
Chia seeds are not only low in calories but also packed with powerful nutrients! They are gluten free and vegan! These seeds are high in fiber, plant based protein, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and so much more!!! Don’t wait any longer. Start incorporating these powerful seeds into your daily diet.
health benefits of chia seeds:
- Aid in weight loss!
- High in antioxidants, which can help in preventing aging and cancer.
- Reduce cravings and allow for increased satiety.
- High fiber content can aid in reducing cholesterol levels.
- High fiber content, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids can aid in lowering the risk of metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Mineral content in chia seeds promote good bone health.
- 3 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Milk of Choice (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Truvia or Stevia packet
- Shredded Coconut and Blueberries for topping
- In a mason jar or airtight container, mix together the chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract, and truvia or stevia. *Mix very well, so there are no clumps*
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Top with desired toppings.
Calories:224 Kcal Protein:6 g Fiber:13 g Sugar:0 g