let's talk snacks
As the school year approaches us, snacking is a topic that comes to the mind. Not only do healthy snack options keep our minds focused and sharp but also keep our energy high throughout the day. Sure, it can be easy to grab the bag of chips or sugar-filled granola bar and run out of the house. However, I am here to show you how simple, affordable, and worthwhile healthy snacking can actually be!
Many of our favorite childhood snacks are high in saturated fats and sugar which can actually cause us to crash during the day rather than allow us to gain the energy we need to complete our daily tasks. Let’s chat about ways to prepare snacks that are high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats to keep you focused, satisfied, and energetic throughout the day!
healthy snack ideas
- 1 cup pitted dates ( I used Mejdool Dates)
- 1/4 cup Agave Sweetener
- 1 Heaping Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped Almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- 1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Chips and Dried Fruit (as desired)
- Process dates in food processor until paste-like consistency. (I used my Vitamix)
- Mix together dates, almonds, pecans, and oats in large mixing bowl.
- Heat agave and peanut butter together in a small saucepan over very low heat.
- Pour into mixing bowl with the other ingredients and mix very well together .
- Add in coconut, dried fruits, and chocolate chips as desired.
- Line dish with parchment paper and pour mixture in. Top with another piece of parchment paper and press down firmly.
- Store in refrigerator until firm and ready (About 20-30 minutes).